“Sex and the City” is a TV series with which the women of Generation-Y grew up. The show served as every female’s version of the Holy Bible, and it reflected nothing but truth when it came to what single ladies watching were actually thinking.
The hit HBO series accomplished its success through the portrayal of realistically frustrating circumstances, which single women often experience in real life. Here are 19 truths that prove that the “Sex and the City” characters Carrie Bradshaw, Charlotte York, Miranda Hobbs and Samantha Jones hit it right on the money – every.single.time.
1. We’re all tired of dating.
2. And we’re kind of in denial…
3. We know there is a ton of competition, but we’re hoping we can win him over with our personalities:
4. We can’t cook worth sh*t, OK?
5. Who needs a boyfriend when you have great girlfriends?
We’ll be okay as long as we have great girlfriends.
6. We wish we had the same confidence in public that we seem to have in the privacy of our own homes:
7. It’s pretty baffling when everything seems to turn him on except for us:
I can almost empathize because I too am often turned on by a sandwich.
8. That’s about when it’s time for us to eat (and drink) our feelings:
Nothing takes the pain away better than really delicious fast food. Is that why people always lose weight when they’re suddenly happier?
9. Because the reality is….
I may not have a man in my life who cares about me, but I do have a friend who lets me visit her puppy sometimes. That helps.
6. And sometimes we feel like this:
He’s. Just. Not. That. Into. You. That’s why.
11. But we want to feel like this:
12. Or this.
13. So we have another drink,
Bottoms up. Mike who?
14. Aaaand we make that phone call where we’re a bit too honest:
15. Which is around when we realize –
It’s ok, you needed to get drunk.
16. At least for now, we can have good times like this:
17. And we still get excited about some stuff. For example, we still get excited when our friends ask us if we want to have a girls-night-in and order like, 5 pizzas, and we’re all like:
There’s something about ordering 5 pizzas that I just don’t feel comfortable doing with a guy I’m seeing. I think I feel like he might judge me or something. This is why I need my girlfriends. Or at least pretend I’m with girlfriends so that I can order 5 pizzas and pretend there’s more than one of us. The best is when I order Chinese Food and I’m asked how many sets of chopsticks I need. Am I supposed to say two?
18. In the end though, what we truly want – our bottom line – looks something like this:
Wouldn’t that be nice. “Can’t-live-without-each-other-love.” Yes please.
19. Until then, ladies, keep your chin up and don’t settle for less than you deserve – because you’re amazing!
gif from http://www.pinterest.com/preporter/people-carrie-sex-and-the-city