Have you ever noticed that you have a much easier time meeting men abroad than you do back home? When you go on a date with a cute guy you meet on vacation, every date with him is so much more romantic (and more fun) than any date you’ve been on back home. The connection you feel with your vacation fling is so awesome that you aren’t sure you even want it to be just a fling. So why does your love life seem to flourish when you’re anywhere but home? Here are 7 reasons why it’s easier to find love abroad:
1. It’s a clean slate. The best part about meeting a man abroad is that he doesn’t know anything about you. He has noone whispering embarrassing stories about you in his ear, and he has nothing but your interactions with him with which to base his opinion of you. It’s extremely liberating to know that this man has no reason to doubt you unless you yourself give him a reason to doubt you. His perception of you can’t be manipulated by anyone because it’s literally just the two of you.
2. Your energy is more positive when you’re on vacation. The “I’m on vacation” version of you is almost always one of the best versions of you. You’ve put aside your stress for some “me” time, and your energy is light and positive because you’re in your fun vacation-mode. Men find this type of positive, free-spirited and lighthearted energy very attractive. You’ll therefore attract more men on vacation, and feel more at ease to go for it than you usually would back home.
3. The placebo effect. If you’re not having the best luck in the dating world back home, you’ll often attribute that bad luck to the fact that there are simply “no good guys” in your city. You might automatically think that you’ll have better luck dating in any other city – that the guys might be better anywhere else – which is why you go for it more when you’re abroad. That may be a placebo, but it still works.
4. You’ve romanticized your current location. When you’re in a romantic city, it’s easier to go on more romantic dates. When you go on romantic dates, you’re naturally inclined to view your relationship as more romantic. It’s common to fall for someone faster in a romantic city because you feel enveloped by beauty, stars, scents and all sorts of other romantic elements.
5. There’s an addictive element of escapism. You’re experiencing a new culture, a new place, and in a sense – a new you. There’s also nothing that can tie this guy to any of your troubles back home, which allows you to escape with him and be a totally different version of yourself. You’ll feel hooked to this new version of you. Sometimes we all need a bit of an escape, and often that escapism leads to us finding ourselves and finding happiness.
6. The men abroad find you intriguing. You’re the mysterious foreigner, to them. The girl with the cute accent. The one who they want to know more about because they can’t help but be curious about who you are and where you come from. You’ll find that more men are interested in you when you’re abroad. It’s easy for you to maintain an air of mystery since he doesn’t know you at all, there’s something different about you and luckily for you, mysterious women are very alluring.
7. Serendipity is at play. A fortunate coincidence; a stroke of luck. You traveled all this way and met a great guy, and you feel lucky. It’s serendipitous to meet someone special so far away from home, someone who you would never normally have met. It makes you feel as though you were meant to meet him, and that makes you want to pursue it.
[…] summer fling is a common thing. They happen because we’re often more comfortable and open in the […]